Open Your Eyes

English 380 - Ecoliterature

Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Acid Rain

It was raining in slo for the first time in a while a few nights ago, so I thought it might be kind of romantic to just lie out in the rain and let it patter my face for a while. But I just ended up lying in a puddle, looking at the dim purple sky for about five minutes before I realized that I wasn't having much fun being so wet and cold. Maybe that's why many people just don't enjoy nature very much, and take so many precautions to protect themselves from it, to distance it by controlling it in some way...because nature, despite all its beauty, has a tendency to make people wet and cold when they'd rather be under a blanket, drinking hot chocolate by an electric space heater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home